Servings 8 of 1.5 greens & 1 red & 1 yellow & 1/8 tsp
- 1 large chopped Onion (1 green)
- 2 large chopped stemmed heads Broccoli (8 greens)
- 1 lb crumbled Spicy Chicken Sausage (4 reds)
- 1 bunch Kale, sliced in ribbons (3 greens)
- 2 15.5-oz cans Cannellini Beans (4 yellows)
- 5 cups low sodium Chicken Stock
- 1 tsp Olive Oil (tsp)
- Salt & Pepper
- Heat olive oil in a heavy pot on medium high.
- Add onion and season with salt and pepper, cooking until translucent.
- Add broccoli and season a second time.
- Pour chicken stock into the pot. Bring to a boil and then simmer for about nine minutes, until broccoli is tender.
- Let cool. Then work in batches, pureeing the soup in a blender until smooth. Adjust seasoning to taste. OR use hand blender (much easier and neater option)
- In a heavy pot on medium high, heat olive oil to brown the sausage for about 10 minutes.
- Add Kale just before completely browned, cooking for a few minutes.
- Add beans last and cook another couple minutes.
- Pour the pureed soup over the sausage kale mixture.
- Let cook a couple more minutes to blend the flavors.
- Season to taste and serve hot.