Servings 4 (1/2 green, 1 red 1 yellow)
- 1 small yellow onion (green)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 14.5 oz can fire roasted tomatoes with juice (green)
- 1 15 oz can black beans (2 yellows)
- 1 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed (2 yellows)
- 1 lb turkey breast, ground (4 reds)
- 1 bayleaf
- 3/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp coarse grind pepper
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1.5 cup water
- Put vegetables and beans in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Layer ground turkey breast, spices, seasoning and water.
- Place lid on crock pot and cook on low for eight hours. (If you are pressed for time, 1 hr on high equals 2 hours on low.)
- Carefully remove lid and stir chili. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Replace lid, cook for an additional 20-30 minutes on low. Serve.