Serves 6 approx. 1.5 Cups per serving
- 1/2 green, 1 yellow, 1 red, 1/2 tsp
- 2 tsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb cooked lean ground turkey breast (or lean grass fed beef)
- 2 (15 oz) cans beans of choice
- 2 (15 oz) can of diced tomatoes ( no salt added)
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (optional garnish)
- 8 tsp shredded cheese (optional garnish)
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium- high heat
- Add onion and bell peppers. Cook, stirring occasionally for 5-6 minutes or until onion is translucent
- Add garlic, cook stirring frequently for 1 minute
- Add turkey, beans, tomatoes, chili powder, salt & red pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; gently boil stirring occasionally until thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Divide into serving bowls and serve with cheese and cilantro garnish if desired.
*Tip: Make extra for lunch the next day, its even better on day 2 AND it freezes really well!