Makes 6 servings ( 1 red & 1.5 green & 1/6 purple)
- 1 large spaghetti squash (6 greens- ish)
- 1 pound spicy chicken sausage (4 reds)
- ½ yellow onion, diced (1 green)
- 1 cup pizza sauce (no sugar added) (1 purple)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 eggs, whisked (1.5 red)
- (optional: add anything you like with pizza: veggies, basil, even cheese if you do primal)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Place spaghetti squash cut side down on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the skin of the squash gives when you press on it. Then reduce oven heat to 350 degrees.
- Once squash is done cooking, remove threads and place in an 8×8 greased baking dish.
- Place a large pan over medium heat. Add italian sausage and onion. Cook until pink no longer remains in the sausage and it is broken up into pieces.
- Add pizza sauce, dried basil and salt and pepper to the pan and mix well.
- Add sausage mixture to the 8×8 dish and mix well with spaghetti squash threads.
- Lastly, add whisked eggs to the baking dish and mix everything together until you can no longer see the eggs.
- Place in oven and bake for 1 hour or until the top of the mixture forms a slight crust that doesn’t give when you press on it in the middle of the dish.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.